Junior Senior Prom
The Junior Senior Prom is scheduled each year in April or May.
Guest registration ends in March. No late forms will be accepted. Forms are in the attendance office and should be returned there.
- 'Guest' is defined as anybody who is not a Junior or a Senior at Enka.
- Guests must be enrolled in another licensed home school program, public, or private high school.
- Guests must be a 10th, 11th or 12th grader. No freshmen are allowed to attend.
- Guests must be a high school graduate and be under the age of 21 or...
- Guests must have obtained a valid GED and be under the age of 21.
- Documentation must be provided with the Prom Guest Sheet (Driver's License/Birth Certificate)
- Gentlemen must wear at least a sport coat, matching dress shirt, matching tie, matching full length dress slacks and matching dress shoes will be required.
- Ladies must follow the thumb rule. (See below)
Ladie's Dress Thumb Rule:
- Step 1: Hook your thumbs under your armpits.
- Step 2: With your thumbs still 'hooked' under your armpits, bring your other fingers across your chest so they are touching. Elbows will be parallel to the floor. Nothing should dip below this line.
- Strapless gowns are acceptable.
- Open-back gowns are acceptable, but can be no lower than the bottom of the rib cage.
- Side-slits must meet the 'finger-tip' rule, including side 'cut-outs.'
- Gowns revealing midriffs will not be allowed. No mesh or see-through fabric is allowed at the midriff.
If there is any doubt about meeting dress code rules, please bring your dress to Ms. Crowe, Mrs. Robinson, or Ms. Gosnell for approval. Students who do not meet dress code will not be allowed to enter the Prom.