Art II: Intermediate - Sketchbook Assignments
- Half magazine face (to be done in class)
- Junk food with wrapper.
- Fantasy hand.
- A crushed soda can
- Draw 3 pieces of silverware arranged in a good composition.
- Draw the same small object 3 x using a different shading method(stippling, crosshatching, and blending)
- Create a drawing inside a silhouette
- Fruit or vegetable from 3 points of view
- Draw your own eyes…use a mirror for reference.
- Pop art an object 4 variations.
- Do a reproduction of a famous painting or masterwork.
- Your tennis shoes from a ¾ view.
- A zoomed in drawing of a flower…use the entire page.
- Design a tattoo for someone particular – a celebrity, teacher, etc.
- Create a drawing based on your favorite song and include some of the lyrics
- Flower mash up - Combine two images of a flower from a magazine and draw it
- Set up a still life of three very different objects and draw it
- Self portrait
**ALL assignments should be shaded or colored and use 70% of the page.
** I will not accept any loose leaf sheets of paper…they must be in your sketchbook.
** Each assignment is new on Monday and to be turned in the following Monday.