Classroom Rules and Policies
Español – Wallace
- ARRIVE ON TIME. NO USE OF ELECTRONICS DURING CLASS UNLESS “THUMBS UP” SIGN IS POSTED.
- BE PREPARED for class with all materials ready.
- CHEATING WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. Any incident of cheating will result in receiving a zero for that assignment and a detention. If multiple instances occur, the student will be referred to an administrator.
- SHOW RESPECT FOR YOURSELF AND OTHERS. You will not be allowed to interfere with the learning process of others.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN. Refusal to work is unacceptable and will be dealt with accordingly.
- Drinks are allowed in the classroom as long as they have a top. (No cans please!)
- If you miss a class it is your responsibility to find out about assignments missed and get them from the assignment notebook and/or a classmate.
Supplies Needed: 1) 3-ring binder w/ paper and dividers
3) 3 prong folder w/ pockets
Grading: 20% classwork A = 92.5-100 D = 69.5 - 76
10% homework B = 84.5-92 F =below 69.5
20% participation C = 76.5-84
Final grade is calculated as follows:
1st nine weeks: 37.5% 2nd nine weeks: 37.5% final exam: 25%
Extra Credit Opportunities:
Ø For a free 100%
o Bring in hand sanitizer, tissues or bag of candy (for games)
Ø Remediation during SMART Lunch Tuesdays(B) and Thursdays(B)
Ø Extra help before or after school is available
1st offense Verbal warning
2nd offense 30 minutes detention to be served within one week
3rd offense 60 minutes detention, parent notification
4th offense Referral to administrator
NOTE: Please feel free to contact me via email, firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone (670-5000) anytime throughout the semester regarding your student’s progress.
EVERY THREE WEEKS YOU WILL RECEIVE A GRADE REPORT EITHER IN THE FORM OF A MID-TERM REPORT OR IN THE FORM OF A REPORT CARD. PLEASE HAVE YOUR STUDENT SIGN BELOW AFFIRMING THAT HE/SHE WILL BRING THAT REPORT HOME TO YOU. IN ADDITION, A SIGNATURE AFFIRMS THAT YOU AND YOUR STUDENT HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD THE POLICIES FOR THIS CLASS.
Parent signature _________________________Parent name (printed)________________
Student signature________________________Student name (printed)_______________