New Student Enrollment

To enroll at Enka High School, students must live in the Enka district with a parent or legal guardian. Otherwise, they must complete a "Transfer/Release Application" and make payment to attend school out of district by contacting Student Services at 828-255-5918.

Any student who is not living with a parent or legal guardian should contact David Thompson at 828-255-5918.

Students who are eligible to enroll will need to do the following:

1. Make an appointment to enroll with a counselor by calling 828-670-5000 (x123)

2. Students must be accompanied to their appointment by a parent or legal guardian. If applicable, documents verifying legal guardianship must be presented (e.g. birth certificate, court ordered documents, etc.).

3. The parent or legal guardian must provide the following:

  • Withdrawal Form

  • Transcript

  • Most Recent Report Card

  • Birth Certificate

  • Immunization Records

  • 2 Proofs of Residency in the Enka District

(Example: Electric Bill, Rental Agreement, Deed, Homeowner's Insurance/Renter's Policy with correct address)

Enrollment Forms can be located on the Buncombe County School website: